#4 My thoughts on the talk: Inside the Mind of a Master Procrastinator (TED Talk)

Link of the talk: Click Here!

1. Do you procrastinate sometimes?


    Frankly, if someone tells you that he or her never procrastinates, you'd better think twice before taking their words, because EVERYONE procrastinates! As of frequency, I am in procrastinating mood roughly 80% of the time. Personally, I do not consider it a big deal since I still finish everything before the deadline.


2. What are some of the things you procrastinate on?


    I procrastinate pretty much everything, especially those relating to academic projects. Term papers, group presentations, these are the things that I procrastinate the most. Besides, I also put off reviewing courses till the very last week before the exam. What a procrastinator I am!


3. What are the strategies you can use to combat procrastination?


    My answer to this question is: No strategies. Yes, you heard it right. To me, no strategies is the best strategy. For those who still cannot take it in, basically you procrastinate something whenever you are not in the mood of doing it, so why push yourself so hard then? Have you ever had this kind of experience? You made plan, revised the plan because you delayed it, and you actually finished it anytime before (and very close to) the deadline? That is the point, just take it easy, plans are always made to be broken. Leave some extra room for your procrastinating habit, and try to spare a longer timespan on your schedule for your work. Trust me, to be in a most natural mode is the most productive mode! Procrastination for life!

留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

#2 English Learning Podcast

#1 Greetings