#2 English Learning Podcast

Name of the podcast?


"6 Minute Vocabulary" provided by BBC World Service

Link to the podcast

https://player.fm/series/6-minute-vocabulary-1301619 (Link)

What is the podcast about?

The podcast covers a wide variety of vocabularies used in our daily lives  from onomatopoeia to compound adjectives  probably 90% of the day-to-day words are comprised in each episode. Not only the vocabularies themselves are discussed but the lexical rules are also involved in the podcast, like hyphenation and affixes. There are currently 43 episodes, and all of them are helpful to those who want to improve their daily speaking or essay writing.

Subscribe for more weekly updates!

Why do I recommend this podcast?

To start with, I must say that I am overwhelmed by this podcast. At first, I thought it would only offer limited help to English learners since it is only 6 minutes long. But the truth is, during the 6 minutes, I have either learned or reviewed lots of vocabularies through the alluring contents and the intriguing conversations between the two presenters. Also, the word usage delineated by the presenters allows me to integrate these vocabularies in my life, especially when the words were taught in context. After listening to the podcast, I was both educated and entertained, so I strongly recommend this podcast to whoever has a limited time but would like to enhance their word choice.

留言

張貼留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

#1 Greetings

#4 My thoughts on the talk: Inside the Mind of a Master Procrastinator (TED Talk)